The Trading Almanac

A diary of investments in my IRA, a daily look at my stock watch list, and additional commentary/discussions on individual stocks, the overall market, economics, technology, etc.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 16, 2006

Trade Recap

It has been a little crazy in my neck of the woods, so I must catch you up with my trades. On Thursday, I sold out of STP at $34.85 for a quick gain of 7.89% (6.36% after commission...). Like with some previous trades, a trailing stop ensured that I locked in nice gain.

On Friday, I bought and sold JSDA. Jones Soda was flying because HANS was up over 14% and mentioned the word "acquisition". I stopped out with a 1.61% gain (0.35% after fees). I'm not a day trader and this one was a little HOTT for me.

All in all, a good week. I closed 6 winning positions and my portfolio went up slightly over 3% for the week. My portfolio is up 10.36% on the year (9.33% after fees). I won't complain. One worry, one of my core holdings, Whole Foods (WFMI) was weak all week and down over 4% on Friday. I expect some consolidation in this company because of its rich P/E, and will be deciding soon if it is time to get out, or purchase some more! My other two holdings, GOOG and AAPL are doing just fine....

Please read the Trading Almanac DISCLOSURE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home