The Trading Almanac

A diary of investments in my IRA, a daily look at my stock watch list, and additional commentary/discussions on individual stocks, the overall market, economics, technology, etc.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Big Day for my portfolio. AAPL to report earnings tonight.

So far I'm down 1.5% on the day thanks to both Google and Apple. Luckily, Whole Foods has been perking up the last couple of days. My weighting is 41% GOOG, 13% AAPL, and 34% cash (and 12% Whole Foods). Apple announces earnings tonight and if yesterday's earnings announcements from Intel and Yahoo were any indication, investors will NOT accept anything but perfection. Well, since I still hold Apple and Google, I believe that their earnings will beat all estimates (GOOG reports on Jan 31). If they gap down I will consider buying more.

That is my strategy. A bit of a gamble I suppose. We'll see how it turns out. If you sold, bought, or are holding either Apple or Google, leave a comment.

Please read the Trading Almanac DISCLOSURE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home