The Trading Almanac

A diary of investments in my IRA, a daily look at my stock watch list, and additional commentary/discussions on individual stocks, the overall market, economics, technology, etc.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hindsight Report for January 5, 2006

Stock I wish I would have owned on Thursday include:

Coldwater Creek CWTR
EBAY EBAY
Gamestop GME
Nordstoms JWN
Select Comfort SCSS
Tradestation TRAD

Tradestation (TRAD) makes its 3rd appearance to the Hindsight list. I owned the stock this fall and made out well. Lots of retail stocks today.

Have you heard of Coldwater Creek (CWTR)? If not, you will soon. This Idaho company, best known for its catalogues, is rapidly expanding throughout the country. Their target audience is the sophisticated, middle-upper class, 35-55 year old woman. Comparable to Chicos FAS (CHS)--and Chico's stock has gone up 80% a year for the last few years.

Market refused to go down today, though many stocks were weak. I'm happy with my returns so far this year, just short of 4.5%. Can I keep it up? I'm thinking about tightening my stops going into the close tomorrow (Friday).

Hasta MaƱana

Please read my DISCLOSURE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home