The Trading Almanac

A diary of investments in my IRA, a daily look at my stock watch list, and additional commentary/discussions on individual stocks, the overall market, economics, technology, etc.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 02, 2006

Can't wait for tomorrow

That's right, I'm ready to make some money. Tomorrow is the first trading day of the year.

The consensus for this year? Beats me. Talking heads all over the internet and television give compelling arguments for the market to go up and others for the market to experience a downturn. So looks like we are going up or down. Charles Kirk in the Kirk Report -an excellent investment blog!!- says it best: "Our goal, as always, is to figure out a way to profit from anything and everything that Mr. Market gives us. I'll leave the prediction business to others."

On that note, whatever is given to us, there will be some stocks going up.

First thing I'll look for this week is any weakness in Apple ( AAPL ) to add to my current position. Last year the stock had a strong run through Christmas and then blew everyone's expectations away in mid-january. I think they'll beat everyone's expectations again. How many Ipods did you see under the tree this year?

Please read my Disclosure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home