The Trading Almanac

A diary of investments in my IRA, a daily look at my stock watch list, and additional commentary/discussions on individual stocks, the overall market, economics, technology, etc.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 01, 2006

2005 Summary

I started on April 11th with a tidy sum of $8450.99. It was a rollover from a 401K I had earned at my college restaurant job. Not too bad considering the company refused to give me the matching amounts (plus any gains I made) because I had not worked 40 hours/week (not many waiters do...). My ending balance as of December 31, 20005 is $10,220.24, a 20.94% gain. This gain is net of fees/commisions. My broker is Scottrade, so I pay $7/trade. Without fees/commisions I garnered returns of 26.24%. In that same period, the Dow Jones returned 2.44%, the S&P500 5.68%, the Nasdaq 10.90%, and the Russell 2000 10.87%. Not too shabby, but I hope for a better year in 2006. I'll provide a complete list of all my 2005 buys and sells soon, but for now I'll leave you with a list of my current holdings. (coming soon also: a breakdown/analysis of each stock I own)

Current Holdings as of Dec 31, 2005:

Liberty Global LBTYA
Liberty Global LBTYK (this is a non-voting class of shares, received in a spin-off)
Google GOOG
Jones Soda JSDA
Whole Foods WFMI
Qualcomm QCOM
Apple Computer AAPL
Bioenvision BIVN

What do you think about these companies?

Please read my Disclosure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home