The Trading Almanac

A diary of investments in my IRA, a daily look at my stock watch list, and additional commentary/discussions on individual stocks, the overall market, economics, technology, etc.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Repurchased Sulphco (SUF)

Monday, (see previous post), Sulphco (SUF) handed me my worst loss ever. The company has been in turmoil since last weekend Barron's issue questioned the integrity of the company's technology and that of the company itself. The company is vigorously defending itself and has recovered some of its stock losses. The stock was up over 20% today. I got in at $9.45 on an intraday breakout. The stock made it up to $9.80 and then came down and hit my stop at $9.60. After fees, I made back a grand total of $1 of the over $300 that I lost...it was worth the try...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home